Life comes with stress and frustrations. You never know what a day may bring. Your home is your sanctuary. It is the place you go to get away from the rest of the world. Whether you are dealing with relationship problems, difficulties at work or school, or your marriage isn’t going the way you’d like, a comfortable living space can provide a little relief.
From the bare basics to the addition of items designed to offer therapeutic value, there are some simple ways to make your home a welcoming and relaxing place to be.
Begin by choosing paint colors that are soothing:
- The color blue is reminiscent of the sky; it helps create a sense of tranquility.
- Shades of green can invoke sensations of the outdoors. Therefore, this color is refreshing and serene.
- Many neutral colors can also provide therapeutic value.
No matter what your taste in furniture may be, you should know that a clutter-free environment will help create a relaxing atmosphere. When there are too many things in a space, your eyes do not know where to land. It’s always best to create a focal point and decorate around that.
- Feng Shui decorating focuses on creating a balance and harmony. It also addresses the energy flow of a space. The result is a comfortable space that has a joyous energy which tends to make people in the space feel welcome and stress-free.
- Zen decorating is another soothing option. With this style of decorating, you should choose furnishings with clean lines and simplicity. Every item in the space should serve a function.
In addition to the basics, a truly comfortable home should include elements that are designed to serve therapeutic purposes. This can be anything from bath oils to a complete fitness room. The idea is to have available the things that help you unwind and feel calm.
- A long soak in the tub or shower can be a great way to escape from your worries. With that in mind, it is smart to invest in a great tub or shower. Massaging showerheads and Jacuzzi tubs offer a massaging action that is not only relaxing, but can actually make you feel re-energized.
- Installing low-flow aerators and water saving showerheads will allow you to wash your cares away without concerns about excessive water usage.
- Certain bath products and accessory items can add to your bathing luxury. Consider installing a heated towel rack so you can dry off in style and comfort. Heated flooring will add to the experience of extravagance.
- Lavish yourself in other ways too. For instance, why not add some great seating to your favorite room? You can choose therapeutic chairs that are ergonomically correct as well as those that offer such luxurious features as heat and massage effects. The built-in comforts are sure to make the chair a well-loved place to be.
Your Own Space
It’s likely that you share your home with others. If possible you should create a space of your own within your home. Having a personal space that allows you some freedom of expression can be very therapeutic. Use this space to enjoy favorite activities or as a quiet place to escape and be alone.
There are countless therapeutic additions that can be added to your home. Let your personal preferences guide you in your selections and begin by choosing a decorating style that makes you feel good. Next, add limited and purposeful items that offer therapeutic benefits that matter to you.
This will create a living space you will be glad to come home to!
The views and opinions in this article are those of the author and may or may not reflect those of GreenJoyment, it’s partners, parents, affiliates, or subsidiaries.